Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Diagnostic Essay-Asset Protection


What is better than an adrenaline filled day? My job being asset protection is my current, as well as, the best job I have had because I will never know what is going happen when I clock-in for work. Sometimes, the day is very exciting dealing with shoplifters and on-going investigations; on the other hand, there are days where nothing happens in the store. This is my everyday life as loss prevention.

This job is the best job so far because it is in the direction of my career path. Unfortunately, my other jobs did not have anything to do with what I have a passion for which is law enforcement. One reason I love this job so much is because it is preparing me for the police department. Almost every day I learn and experience things that will help me as a police officer. For instance, shoplifters and report taking are what I deal with on a daily bases. Also, there are less frequent situations that I have dealt with and they are: quick change artists, identity theft, counter fit money, embezzlement, and organized crime rings. Another reason why this job is the best so far is because there is nothing better than a nice adrenaline rush. When I see a shoplifter conceal merchandise, my adrenaline starts flowing because I now have to maintain my surveillance and try not to be seen by the subject. After the shoplifter is done and begins to leave, another wave adrenaline pumps in because now I have to confront the individual and when confronting a subject I will never know what will happen. Some of them try to run and fight while others cooperate. If the person tries to run I then attempt to get him or her in to the office with minimal force necessary. However, that’s not always the case and if I am not paying attention the situation can become out of control very quickly. This job requires me to be ready for anything and that why this job is the best.

Ultimately, loss prevention allows me to start my career in with law enforcement, and that is just one of the reasons why this job is the best job I have ever had. This can be a dangerous job, but it is a rewarding job. I would recommend loss prevention for anyone interested in law enforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment